-------------------------------------------Mood: The UsualDo you dare join?
Different though we may be
We are connected donít you see
All our spirits share the same God
No matter what soil on you trod
One Creator under the sun
So why of others hurt or make fun
Stand we should side by side
Life in itself is a bumpy enough ride
Let us start a Spiritual Sisterhood
Working together for the greater good
Helping each other up when we fall
Sharing laughter and standing tall
Instead of fighting because we think differently
Why not the good in each other see
Be you young, old or just in between
White, black, yellow, red or even green
We could even let in the brothers
No prejudice here just love for others
Come join jump on the band wagon
Lets rock this world instead of dragging
...Created 2006-06-29 11:54:04
-------------------------------------------Mood: The UsualDear Alcohol,
First & foremost, let me tell you that I'm a huge fan of yours. As my friend, you always seem to be there when needed. The perfect post-work cocktail, a beer at the game, and you're even around in the holiday's hidden inside chocolates as you warm us when we're stuck in the midst of endless family gatherings. However, lately I've been wondering about your intentions. While I want to believe that you have my best interests at heart, I feel that your influence has led to some unwise consequences:
1. Phone calls: While I agree with you that communication is important, I question the suggestion that any conversation of substance or necessity takes place after 2 a.m. Why would you make me call those ex-boyfriends/girlfriends when I know for a fact they do not want to hear from me during the day, let alone all hours of the night?
2. Eating: Now, you know I love a good meal, but why do you suggest that I eat a taco with chili sauce, along with a big Italian meatball and some stale chips (washed down with WINE & topped off with a Kit Kat after a few cheese curls & chili cheese fries)? I'm an eclectic eater,
but I think you went too far this time.
3. Clumsiness: Unless you're subtly trying to tell me that I need to do more yoga to improve my balance, I see NO need to hammer the issue home by causing me to fall down. It's completely unnecessary, and the black & blue marks that appear on my body mysteriously the next day are beyond me. Similarly, it should never take me more than 45 seconds to
get the front door key into the lock.
4. Furthermore: The hangovers have GOT to stop. This is getting ridiculous. I know a little penance for our previous evening's debauchery may be in order, but the 3pm hangover immobility is completely unacceptable. My entire day is shot. I ask that, if the proper precautions are taken (water, vitamin B, bread products, aspirin) prior to going to sleep/passing out face down on the kitchen floor with a bag of popcorn, the hangover should be minimal & in no way interfere with my daily activities.
Alcohol, I have enjoyed our friendship for some years now & would like to ensure that we remain on good terms. You've been the invoker of great stories, the provocation for much laughter, and the needed companion when I just don't know what to do with the extra money in my pockets. In order to continue this friendship, I ask that you carefully review my grievances above & address them immediately. I will look for an answer no later than Thursday 3pm (pre-happy hour) on your possible solutions & hopefully we can continue this fruitful partnership.
Your biggest fan
P.S. THINGS THAT ARE DIFFICULT TO SAY WHEN DRUNK:
THINGS THAT ARE VERY DIFFICULT TO SAY WHEN DRUNK:
2. British Constitution
3. Passive-aggressive disorder
THINGS THAT ARE DOWNRIGHT IMPOSSIBLE TO SAY WHEN DRUNK:
1. Thanks, but I don't want to have sex.
2. Nope, no more beer for me.
3. Sorry, but you're not really my type.
4. Good evening, officer. Isn't it lovely out tonight?
5. Oh, I couldn't. No one wants to hear me sing...Created 2006-01-04 15:36:55
-------------------------------------------Mood: Too much at once...
Some may claim the gals you drink and party with at the bars are your sisters, some may claim the gals you work with are sisters. Then there are those who sit around and gossip about others who claim sisterhood. We have even found out that not all woman you ride with can be called SISTERS.We have learned the hard way that all those things combined doesn't describe sisterhood.. ...Created 2005-06-01 16:01:23
SISTERHOOD is earned by standing by each other through the good times and bad. By having a common goal. You earn it by standing beside each other and sometimes putting your own feelings aside to just listen. True SISTERHOOD is excepting each other as individuals yet helping them with their weakness as well as softening their harsh strengths, Always remembering no one person is perfect.
With SISTERHOOD you have to want to be a part of something not just be the leader, those are the ones who are there only to benefit themselves (they don't last long)! So when the party is over and your job is done you hold your head high take a look around and say yea these are my SISTERS, as your pack leaves for the journey home and you call it a night. Always knowing when our time is up on this earth. It will be my SISTERS that will do their best to console our families they will help with the burial. Then the big party and there will be a toast in our honor, and they won't be afraid to shed a tear. They will remember our adventures and laugh, and because of that, not one of us will be forgotten.
Found and Posted by: Li Li (munchie_1226)
For my SISTERS.
-------------------------------------------Mood: Straightening things out...hey there, its Nikki, just thought i would stop in here to add a few more comments to our long list of needed comments...we have to up it in order to play on here.
anyways again reminding people if you see someone from this site comment on your work it could be anyone of 4 ladies that share this page:
Li Li (munchie_1226) T (brownsdelight) Kat (katia) or me Nikki (stolie77)
anyways hope to see you soon in an upcoming Chat post! be afraid...we have no sense!
-Nikki (1/4 of thacrib)...Created 2005-05-26 13:05:39
-------------------------------------------Mood: Straightening things out...To anyone who stops by this page I just wanted to let you know this is not a page for just one person. A few of us here on Elite came together to form a "hang out" page...a place where we and hopefully others can come to just be goofy and to meet new people. In the next few days we will be commenting on many posts (all three or four of us.) I'm going to sign my name at the end of each critique and just wanted to let y'all know before hand so that if you notice someone else's name signed in for Thacrib you wont be confused.
with all that said and done.......Be blessed and have fun!!!!!
Brownsdelight...Created 2005-05-19 11:56:22
Be kind, take a few minutes to review the hard work of others <3
It means a lot to them, as it does to you.