Description: This is based on a subject that I can relate well to. I have heard and witnessed a few drunk driver accidents and there really was a guy named Danny that fits the description I make in this writing.
He was one of the smartest high school students in his entire school district, and some of his teachers were impressed by his ability to learn. Had he not been hit... he would have been sent to a special intellectual school by recommendation of 87% of his peers and teachers... (the other 13% didnt know who he was untill after the accident)
If there was one person's life that was ruined because of drunk-driving, it would be his... please, dont touch the bottle before or while you drive a vehicle. Spare the Danny's of this world.
Danny De Dead -------------------------------------------
Danny was a young man of limitless academic potential. He was even the most highly thought of when it came to female companionsship because he was respectful and respectable.
He thought highly of almost everyone and learned how to get most to feel the same about him.
Its funny how one car ride can change someone's lfe. Now Danny can barely drink from a straw and his brain no longer functions at a normal level.
His family visits him often in the hospital because he cannot live away from life support for more than 6 hours.
His friends send him cards and flowers and tell him that when he gets out he will be welcomed back to the chess club and other activities he was involved him.
Something happened to Danny not long ago. And its a story that make most weep. Danny was hit by a man in a car, thats was drunkenly half asleep.
Danny was bleeding from his head to his toes with numerous glass fragments stabbed his face. The next time he woke up, he was staring at an EKG monitor, watching his own pulse beakon jump.
Nobody knew what really happened to Danny, nor could he tell them, because he only had half a jaw left. The only thing that they knew... was that the man that hit him, was somewhere out on the road, free to ruin another life.
He was the passenger of his best friend's car that was headed to a Varsity football game. We won that night, but he lost next to everything. There was a man that was drunk and he was speeding, going about 97mph through an intersection in a small quiet town.
He never smoked, never drank, he was a senior in highschool at the age of 15, taking college classes. If there was one thing that anyone could do to help Danny... dont drink and drive.
Sometimes I pray to God to have let him die... because it pains me to see him suffer. I can see in his one good eye, that he cannot bear for other's to see him in his state.
He can no longer use his right arm or leg and he cant feel anything in his left hand. The stem of his right eye was damaged by a shard of glass that punctured his ear, as well as piercing a portion of his brain.
When I woke up, I could see and hear the horror in Danny's voice and face... I was Danny's best friend.
That's another reason I despise drunks, they're frickin moronic. Stupid, thoughtless, careless, useless, nitwits...
I'm staying away from alcohol for two reasons;
a) Most of it tastes disgusting.
b) It turns you into something disgusting.
I'm repulsed by drunks. It's a real shame when you see your idol in such a state, your best friend, your ex-best male influence in your life...
But, now I'm going off topic.
I can't say I'm sorry it happened, because I have nothing to be sorry for (I don't drink, nor do I drive.), but I am sorry that he was involved. But, hey, at least he's still alive. Even though he is unable to do so much, and is suffering, you could have permanently lost him forever. At least you can speak to him and know that he hears you, with any brain damage.
But, question... If he is fifteen, why was he driving? He was partially at fault, unless he was taking a driving course or had somoene else in the vehicle, I believe. Even with a permit, wouldn't he have to have an adult in the car?
Happy Holidays, or possibly Unhappy Holidays, depending on your mood,