How To Make Papaya Salad -------------------------------------------
How To Make Papaya Salad
Mood: Sit the fuck down and watch.
1 After cleaning yourself up in the bathroom. Find your mp3 player and turned it on to an appropriate volume to block the sounds around you.
Once you are finished doing that, meet Jane. She will be your demonstrator today. Say hello to Jane. Jane say hello to our viewers.
“Hello....Can you please get on with it....”
1. [Fo' reals] Knife in hand and the unripped papaya in the other, Jane was in no mood to strike the fruit. She would be outside screaming her head off, destroying everything in her path. No, she was a good little girl who doesn't want to anger anyone. Actually that was and excuse, she was scared might have happened to her. She raised her knife up high and began to strike the papaya several times, feeling nothing at first. As she progress, her feeble strikes became more violent. One would think rage would consume her, but if you look closely, behind her beige-coloured hair, you can see that she was trying her best to keep the composure she had earlier when beginning the process. Her body had acted by itself, she quietly darn her eyes. It was getting dangerous to hold the knife in her hand now. Tears brimming over it's supposed limits, flowing freely now.
2. She stopped striking the exotic fruit, now making it stand, slicing thin strips off the unripped papaya. The waterworks stopped and she seems to have calm down a bit. Though she continue to part the papaya into thin slices with the same fierceness when she strikes. Though she seem to work herself up when thinking about incident before making the salad. She regret not being able to say the smart remarks and comments then, nope, she can only think of them after it happens. She didn't stop using the knife when Jane neared the core, once she saw the slick beads come out of its core she banged the fruit against the trash can, emptying it out of its seeds, before moving on to a tool that easily created juliennes of papaya.
3. Finally finishing with the fruit itself, Jane gather the ingredients together, beside the papaya.
-1 Piece of garlic
-1 Tablespoon of sugar
-5-6 Small peppers
-1 Tablespoon of Crab King Fish Sauce.
-1 Tablespoon of Anchovies Sauce
4. Peel the garlic and take the stem off of the peppers. Put them in the mortar. Don't forget the sugar! NOW SMASH!
Theme Song To Smashing:
Jane did not feel sad anymore, but she felt anger. Every time she smashed the peppers in she felt a satisfaction though it does not saturate her need to cause real physical pain. She just doesn't give a fuck anymore.
5. Add the tomatoes. SMASH.
6. Add a 1 Tablespoon of Crab King Fish Sauce, 1 Tablespoon of Anchovies Sauce, 1 Lime. SMASH.
7. Add a handful of papaya. SMASH. SMASH. SMASH!
The only thing Jane regretted was that she didn't put as much hot peppers in the salad. Those people deserved more then a scorched tongue.
As Jane made the salad, she was waiting. She was waiting to comfort her, but nope, not even her family comfort her. Maybe if she was at her grandmother house, she would get the comfort. It seems that her maternal side of the family are selfish, but Jane keeps hoping, waiting for things to change.